What are zirconia crowns?
Zirconia crowns also knows as all-ceramic. Nowadays, zirconia dental crowns are also considered to be the best in a combination of aesthetics, strength and durability and are an excellent alternative to ceramic crowns. These prostheses are called nonmetallic because zirconia is devoid of all the drawbacks of traditional structures on a metal frame.
Advantages of zirconia crowns:
- Natural appearance – the zirconium frame has a color as close as possible to the natural color of the teeth and has an excellent light transmission capacity
- Durability – in comparison with sintered metal, such designs serve twice as long (about 15-20 years).
- Hypoallergenicity – not oxidized in the mouth, does not cause allergic reactions.
- Relatively low weight – makes it easier to get used to the prosthesis, does not cause a feeling of heaviness in the mouth
- Low thermal conductivity – minimizes discomfort when taking hot and cold food
Zirconium crowns in the Stomaservice clinic are installed in just one visit, thanks to the unique system of digital dentistry CAD / CAM